Have you ever thought about creating a vision board but was not quite sure what it is or how to get started? A vision board is simply a collage of images and affirmation of your dreams and goals. A sort of treasure map to help you conceptualize and focus as you work toward achieving your dreams.
There is really no right or wrong way to begin. Here are a few questions to get your creative juices flowing and help you head in the right direction:
- What activities do you want to learn how to do?
- What hobbies and activities do you already do, but want to continue doing or get better at?
- What are your career goals? What steps will you have to accomplish along the way to be able to eventually land your dream job? (For example, do you need a particular degree, or will you need to secure an internship?)
- What are your relationship goals? Don’t think just in terms of whether or not you want to be married, be in a long-term relationship or have children: think more specifically about what kind of person you want to be with, how you’d like to spend time with your partner, etc.
- How do you want to be remembered by others? For example, do you want to write the next great American novel? Do you want to head a charitable organization that positively impacts the lives of others?
Once the questions have been answered, simply categorize and assemble images, statements, and affirmations based on what you have discovered.
Next, you’ll need to decide the format you want your board to take. Design options are unlimited. There are tons of theme ideas and examples online. Remember to experiment and make it your own. Its helpful if you keep it simple and organized. Too much clutter can clutter your thoughts.
Now that your board is designed, commit to viewing it regularly, studying the content, and focusing on the images.
Here are a few tips that I found @jackcanfield.com to help actualize your goals.
•Look at your vision board often and feel the inspiration it provides.
•Hold it in your hands and really internalize the future it represents.
•Read your affirmations and inspirational words aloud.
•See yourself living in that manner.
•Feel yourself in the future you have designed.
•Believe it is already yours.
•Be grateful for the good that is already present in your life.
•Acknowledge any goals you have already achieved.
•Acknowledge the changes you have seen and felt.
•Acknowledge the presence of God in your life.
•Acknowledge the Law of Attraction at work in your life.
•Look at it just before going to bed and first thing upon rising.